Friday, March 14, 2008

help/feed/love/empower/cherish/anything

I am thankful.

I've hated most of this school year. At the same time, I can see God working through the many things I've had to deal with.

I've grown up this year more than any other year. I've found who I am apart from my friends. I've seen that there are people who will love me no matter who I am or what I'm becoming. I've been given love without condition. I've realized that I don't have to change for other people and that if I want to be happy I need to become that woman God created me to be. A book I'm reading (I can't remember which one b/c I'm reading a few right now...) says that as we grow closer to God and become 'more His' we also become more ourselves. This year has taught me that.

God has changed me through His love this year. How can someone experience God and not walk away changed? How can someone feel God there with them in their loneliness and not want to go out and love lonely people? How can we look to God to fill our emptiness and needs without asking Him how we can help Him do that for others? God how can I help/feed/love/empower/cherish/anything for You to help other people?

2 comments:

Glenda said...

You are wise beyond your years, and I'm so proud of who you are. Beautiful on the inside and out.

Glenda Borchelt

jaki good said...

valerie

i am so glad you have learned this at such a young age - it took me much longer. Receiving that inconditional faithful love from our Lord empowers you to truly love others.

(i love you!)