Friday, November 23, 2007

inspired by anna

dear anna,
you may be the only person who reads this (if you even read it) so thanks. I love reading your blog so I got my own. you inspired me =)
love,
valerie


it's only appropriate to say Happy Thanksgiving! I love holidays. I used to love holidays for the food and presents and don't get me wrong, i still love those things... but now i love holidays because my siblings come home. I feel more complete when they're home. Part of me goes away to college with them.

We did a cheesy Thanksgiving thing today. Mary Ellen brought a stuffed turkey and we passed it around (threw it around) and said what we were the most thankful for. because of this i found out why i can't catch.. no one in my family can catch. almost everyone got smacked in head. anyway...it really made me think. so much has happened in my life lately. my life was so different this time last year. God has taught me so many things and i can't help but be thankful for the trials i've gone through because i don't want to be the girl i was this time last year. without those trials, i wouldn't have grown. this time next year, i hope i'm different than i am now. i hope i know more about who God is, more about what love really is, more about my family and my friends. i hope i can look back and thank God for the pain and struggles because of how it's changed me and i hope that this year while i'm going through those struggles i can focus on what God is doing instead of the pain.

i'm not sure how to end a blog.

3 comments:

anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anna said...

WOOOO!!!!

welcome welcome welcome!
i can't wait to see more...

Sarah said...

I'm excited I have a new blog to read. I really enjoyed this post so by all means keep posting = )