Friday, August 1, 2008

Pilgrim


Grandma & I by the Ohio River after breakfast.

This house is beautiful


I get my road rage from my Grandpa =)


I'm not sure how to rotate this but this is my gpa @ his college, West Virginia Wesleyan.



I wish I knew how to rotate this one. They're sweet.



I'm really enjoying the pilgrimage. It's interesting to see how much you can learn about people when you see where they grew up. I've seen places where my grandparent's lives have unfolded. Where they were born, where they met, where they lived when my mom was born... These are the places they have experienced life. It's just intriguing. I feel so much closer to them because I've seen these places. I know where they came from. I want to know this much about all of the important people in my life. It explains so much. It's awesome to take time to notice the intricate way God weaves our life stories together. Because two people were born out country roads in West Virginia and met in a diner I am here today. Because of their choices I live in Ohio and am who I am. God has been directing my path since waaaaaaay before I was born. It's a new perspective and I'm enjoying it.

I miss you all. See ya soon =)

3 comments:

Blank said...

I love this! It reminds me of being with my own grandparents. You can't leave their house without learning something new about their lives and/or the history of Pike County. Taking a pilgrimage with your grandparents is a really neat idea!

Jenn Ruggles said...

I can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

jaki good said...

love you sweet valerie