Thursday, October 23, 2008

I have so much to say but not enough time to say it.

God's redeeming power
If I really believe His power to redeem is infinite, I have to believe He can change and redeem my sinful heart and actions. I have to believe when my sin hurts others, He can heal them and heal me, but it doesn't stop there. Beyond that, I have to believe He can change and redeem the people whose sin hurts me. I have to believe that is not who they are just as my sins do not make me who I am. I've always been a skeptic when it comes to deciding if people can really change or not. When someone hurts me, I  forgive them but I don't want to put my trust back in them completely. I want to get past the action but make emotional boundaries to protect myself so their possible sin can't hurt me. I think that's wrong. If they believe in Christ, He has the power to change them. Who am I to question that? I'm a forgiver - I don't hold grudges; however, I don't put my trust back in people easily. I need a better balance between trusting that Christ can change people and going about that in a naive way, and deciding no one can change and putting up walls around me that keep out people I love.

Being in Ohio was so nice. It was great to see everyone and to relax. I didn't want to come back to school because being home was so nice, but once I walked into my dorm, I was excited to back at college. The distinctiveness of each part of my life is incredible. I love both parts for very different reasons. I doubted if I was doing what God wanted me to do while I was home because I was so comfortable and stable. I didn't feel the chaos and anxiety of college life, but now that I'm back I know I'm where He wants me. Sure college life is hectic, but it's stretching me and making me grow in ways I would never grow at home. Before I left for fall break, I didn't feel like I had grown up that much since high school. I felt I had matured but I didn't feel like an 'adult.' After going home and coming back, I see how much I've change, how wide my eyes have been opened, and how much my heart has grown for God. I miss Ohio, but I'm enjoying Wheaton, to say the least.

I'd like to write more but it's lunch time.


1 comment:

anna said...

Somehow, I've never thought of forgiveness that way...


Thanks :)